Not sure how much money to bring to Cuba and if you should exchange the money before going to Cuba? Or exchange money to CUC currency in Cuba? Traveling to Cuba with Cash or credit card?
If you plan to go to Cuba you should know about the difficulties to get money on the island. Even though there are ATM’s in Cuba, you cannot always use them. Sometimes they are not filled with money or they don’t accept your foreign credit card. If you don’t want to carry all of your travel budget with you there is a different option how to get cash in Cuba.
Fonmoney offers money transfer to Cuba from Europe. Most of our customers use our servcie to send money to their relatives and friends in Cuba. For this cause, we offer to create AIS debit cards for your Cuban receivers for free. With our service, the AIS debit card can be recharged whenever and as often as you like. AIS debit cards can only be issued to Cuban citizens with a residence in Cuba. As a tourist, you can take advantage of our second money transfer service to Cuba. You can send money to be picked up in cash in a bank branch of your choice. Tourists can use their hotel/residence address in Cuba.
To best way to get money in Cuba as a tourist, is to use Fonmoney‘s online service. Select a bank branch close to your residence in Cuba and send an amount of your choice in the currency EUR or GBP. The amount will be converted to CUC at a fair and transparent exchange rate and can be picked up by showing your ID and visa directly at the bank counter
Fonmoney is characterized by its friendly and experienced customer service. If you are unsure about making a tourist transfer or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]. We are happy to help you!
How can I get CUC in Cuba?
- Visit our website www.fonmoney.com and select the country Cuba.
- You will see an overview of all our products for Cuba. Choose send cash.
- Fill in the amount of money you want to send to Cuba. Our currency converter will show you immediately how much CUC you will receive.
- The next step is to create a fonmoney user account. The user account is free of charge and it gives you an overview of all your transfers.
- Next, choose the province and exact bank branch where you want to pick up the cash. Fill in your name, e-mail and phone number*. You also have to fill in the address of your hotel/location where you are staying in Cuba.
*If you don’t own a Cuban telephone, fill in the test number +51234567. There is also a Cuban ID number required. Please fill in 11 times 1. Our system will automatically recognize your transfer as a tourist transfer.
- Pay online by credit card, bank transfer or direct banking. Will be contacted via e-mail once your money is ready for pick up.
- Your money will reach banks in Havana within 3 days and other provinces in Cuba in 5 to 7 days.
Sent money can be deposited in a Cuban bank for up to 40 days, which means you can send money to Cuba before starting your trip. There are a few things to pay attention to in order to receive your money without any troubles.
★ Don’t forget your ID: in order to receive the money, you must show your ID and visa at the bank counter. The ID must match the document information used on our website.
★ Please note that you must not wear shorts/beachwear when entering a bank in Cuba.
★ Make sure to allow time for the bank visit. There are waiting times in Cuba quite often. Processes do not work as smoothly and quickly as in Europe.
Fonmoney is licenced and regulated by the british Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Your money is 100% safe with us. Many of our customers use our service to regularly send money not only to Cuba but in many different countries. Our service is rated with 5 out of 5 stars on the independent rating platform Trustpilot. If anything goes wrong or you simply change your mind, you can always take advantage of our 100% money back guarantee.
For your information: you can also recharge Cuban Cubacel mobile phones with Fonmoney.
If you have any questions regarding money transfer to Cuba, contact us. Our support-team is happy to help you and will also respond in any language preferred.